Do Dental Implants Work for Everyone?
Missing teeth can be an incredibly embarrassing issue and cause some people to feel self-conscious about their appearance. Fortunately, dental implants are an excellent solution for replacing missing teeth, which best explains why you may want to apply for a dental implant subsidy.
Dental implants are a permanent solution that look and feel like natural teeth. In this blog post, we will discuss what dental implants are, when they are needed, the benefits of getting them, and who is a good candidate for getting dental implants in Singapore.
What Are Dental Implants?
Dental implants are titanium posts surgically implanted into the jawbone to replace missing teeth or tooth roots. The posts act as anchors for artificial replacement teeth, which have been custom-made by your dentist.
At the beginning of a dental implant procedure, your dentist administers a local anesthetic to ensure you experience no discomfort during treatment. Afterward, they create a small incision in your gum tissue to expose the underlying bone and securely place the implant into position.
Once complete, stitches are used to close up any openings before initiating the healing process. It can take several months until it is fully integrated with its surrounding tissues – ready for use!
These artificial replacement teeth look just like natural teeth and can even help restore your bite strength and improve your speaking ability. When you have dental implants, you will no longer have to worry about missing teeth affecting your smile or self-confidence.
When Are Dental Implants Needed?
While dental implants can really be effective when it comes to teeth replacement, not every case of missing teeth may require implants. That’s why it is important that you consult with an experienced dentist who will first assess your case and discuss the best option with you. Here are five common instances when getting dental implants may be the best choice:
- When you have one or more missing teeth: Dental implants are the best option when you have one or more missing teeth because they offer several advantages over other treatment options. These include being more stable and durable than bridges or dentures, helping preserve healthy bone in the jaw, and looking and functioning like natural teeth.
- When your existing dentures are loose and uncomfortable: If your dentures are loose, sliding around in your mouth, or causing you pain, dental implants can offer a permanent solution. The implants will act as anchors for your dentures, so they stay securely in place and are more comfortable to wear.
- When you have an old bridge that is no longer stable: An implant-supported bridge can be a great option if your existing bridge is no longer stable or secure. This type of bridge uses dental implants to anchor the bridge in place for a more secure and long-lasting result.
- When you have one or more missing teeth affecting your bite: Missing teeth can affect your bite and cause other teeth to move out of position, which can lead to a whole host of other dental issues. Implants can help restore your bite and prevent further issues from developing.
- When you want to restore your smile: Dental implants look and feel just like natural teeth, so they can help restore your confidence and give you back the beautiful smile you deserve.
Benefits of Getting Dental Implants
Dental implants offer several advantages over other tooth replacement options, such as bridges and dentures. Here are some of the top benefits of getting dental implants:
- Improved appearance – Since dental implants look just like natural teeth, they can significantly improve your appearance and give you back the confidence you’ve been lacking due to having missing teeth.
- Enhanced speech – With missing teeth, it can be difficult to speak clearly; however, with dental implants, you will find it much easier to enunciate words properly so that others can understand what you’re saying.
- Increased comfort – Unlike dentures that may slip or shift out of place while eating or talking, dental implants provide a secure anchor that won’t move around inside your mouth.
- Better oral hygiene – With fixed bridges or removable partial dentures, it can be difficult to keep them clean; however, since dental implants don’t have any gaps between each implant, they make it much easier to brush and floss regularly so that you maintain good oral hygiene habits!
Who Is Best Suited For Dental Implants?
The best way to determine if you’re a good candidate for dental implants is to consult a qualified Singapore dentist specializing in this procedure. Your dentist will assess your overall health before considering whether dental implant surgery is right for you.
Generally speaking, though, if you have healthy gums and enough jawbone structure, then there is a high chance that you could be eligible for the procedure! You may not be the best candidate for dental implants if;
- You’re still a teenager who has not had a complete jawbone development: Dental implants require a strong and sturdy jawbone for support and stability, so it is not recommended to get dental implants before jawbone development has been completed.
- You have an autoimmune disease: People with autoimmune diseases may not be suitable for dental implants, as the body’s immune system can react against foreign objects (dental implants). That’s why it is very important that you see a qualified dentist who can assess your overall health condition before you get dental implants.
- You smoke heavily: Smoking isn’t just bad for your teeth; it can also increase the risk of dental implant failure or infection. If you want to get implants, it is best to quit smoking as much as possible before the procedure.
No matter your dental needs, it is important to consult an experienced dentist before deciding to get dental implants. Your dentist will evaluate your situation and determine what’s best for you! This way, you can make an informed decision that will help you achieve your desired results.
All in all, if you’re looking for a permanent solution to replace missing teeth, then dental implant surgery might just be the right option for you! Not only do they look just like natural teeth, but they also provide added comfort while speaking and eating as well as improved oral hygiene habits since there aren’t any gaps between each implant post! We recommend consulting with a qualified dentist in Singapore who specializes in this procedure before making any decisions, though!
Dental Designs strives to ensure our patients receive the best dental care available. Our experienced dentists are dedicated to providing superior quality treatment and patient-centered care. We specialize in dental implant surgery and are committed to helping our patients achieve a beautiful, healthy smile! Contact us today to learn more about our dental implant services. We look forward to helping you achieve optimal oral health! Call: +6562218284
Dental Designs Clinic (Telok Ayer) – Invisalign, Whitening, Dental Crowns
120 Telok Ayer St, Singapore 068589
+65 6221 8284