Everything You Need To Know About Dental Implants
Although we have experienced advancements in dental care, numerous Americans experience tooth loss mainly due to tooth decay or injuries. Over time, dentures and bridges were typical treatment options for missing teeth. But today, you are lucky because dental implants are present. Dental implants Sunnyvale have been embraced by multiple individuals in the area. If you have never heard of them, here is everything you need to know about dental implants.
What Are Dental Implants?
Dental implants are artificial structures which dental specialists insert into your jawbone. They offer solid foundation permanent or removable replacement teeth manufactured to match the natural teeth. You may require implants if you have a missing tooth or teeth.
What Are the Pros of Dental Implants?
- Enhanced speech: if you get poor-fitting dentures, your teeth may slip, mumble your words.
- Improved appearance: once you receive dental implants, you will feel and look like they are your natural teeth.
- Ease when eating: Sliding dentures may contribute to challenges when chewing, but implants function similarly to your natural teeth.
- Durability: they are long-lasting types lasting for several years through good maintenance.
Other advantages include:
- Better comfort
- Enhanced self-esteem
How Many Types of Dental Implants Are There?
For years now, there have been only two diverse types of dental implants:
- Subperiosteal: they are the implants which rest on the upper part of your jawbone beneath the gum tissue.
- Endosteal: they are in the bone
What Are the Risks Associated With Dental Implants?
Several conditions should dictate that you should not get dental implants. A dental specialist should not offer treatment if you have:
- Acute illness
- Bone disease
- Uncontrollable metabolic disease
Can Everybody Receive Dental Implants?
As long as you are healthy and can go for dental extraction or surgery, you are free to go for dental implants. Your gums should be healthy and have solid bones to support the implant. If you are planning to have dental implants, consult your healthcare provider to evaluate if you are free to get implants.
Are Dental Implants Painful?
Generally, dental implants are not painful, but people who have undergone the procedure assert that they experience minor discomfort during the process. Besides, they state that the procedure involves little pain compared to tooth extraction.
How should I care for Dental Implants?
Similar to other teeth treatments, dental implants need the same maintenance as natural teeth. You should exercise practices such as regular brushing, rinsing and flossing and dental checkups for comprehensive care.
Are Dental Implants Expensive?
Your dentist will estimate the cost you will incur during the initial exam.
Usually, the implant cost may vary depending on the following factors.
- The number of implants necessary
- The location where they will be inserted
- Need for an extra procedure to prepare the mouth for surgery
If you are tired of tarmacking from one health institution to another looking for quality treatment, worry no more because Perio & Implant Centers of Monterey Bay- Silicon Valley has got you. The center is in Monterey, CA and Sunnyvale, CA, where they provide excellent dental implant placement, replacing single or several teeth. Call them today to mark the end of your teeth complications.
Comments are closed.