Here is Your Guide to Dental Implants in Passaic, NJ
Any case of missing teeth can be a reason for embarrassment for you in public. Teeth with gaps look unattractive and might increase your self-consciousness. You will feel hesitant to freely interact with other people. Gaps in teeth may also lead to discomfort while speaking or chewing. So, to deal with this, dental implants are the best solution. These are nothing but artificial tooth replacements, which make everything look very natural. They are secure and can be used to fill single or even multiple tooth gaps.
If you are living in Passaic and are unsure about the procedure, the oral surgeon in Passaic, NJ, can help you with all your questions and queries on the same.
Here, they are sharing what it is like to get a dental implant in Passaic.
What are dental implants?
The States have witnessed above three million people having dental implants, and the number is growing by 500,000 a year. Dental implants are mostly built up of three components:
- A titanium screw gets screwed to your jawbone, and this acts as the root of the artificial tooth.
- A crown or artificial tooth contains the visible area of the dental implant.
- An abutment forms the connection between the crown to the top area of the titanium rod, and this extends above the existing gumline.
How are dental implants inserted?
The first step of dental implants involves inserting the titanium rod or the artificial tooth root. The gum area is anesthetized during the procedure, and the dental surgeon makes an incision in the gum. This helps in exposing the jawbone. With the jawbone becoming accessible, they drill a small hole to allow the attachment of the root. Over a period of three to six months, this root conveniently attaches to the gum tissue and the jawbone. When it has become stable and secure, the abutment is then added to the top. A dental crown is then attached to the abutment to finish the overall appearance of the tooth.
What are the benefits?
Here are some of the many benefits of dental implants:
- It looks and feels almost like natural teeth.
- You can conveniently clean it without having to remove it.
- You can eat, speak, or smile normally without being held back.
With the procedures getting more advanced, it is now not an issue to get a dental implant. You can easily restore your self-confidence and lead a normal life.