Invisalign Singapore: How do I know if I should get Invisalign?
Invisalign is an orthodontic treatment that gradually straightens your teeth using clear, custom-made aligners. When you visit a reputed dental clinic like https://dentaldesigns.com.sg/, Invisalign may be recommended for you if you are unhappy with the appearance of your smile or if you have gaps in your teeth that you would like to close.
If you have overcrowded teeth, Invisalign can also help to improve the alignment of your teeth. Unlike traditional braces, Invisalign aligners are virtually invisible, so you can straighten your teeth without anyone knowing.
Invisalign treatment consists of a series of custom-made aligners that are designed to move your teeth little by little. As you replace each aligner with the next in the series, your teeth will move — bit by bit, week by week — until they eventually reach the final position that the doctor has prescribed.
How do I know if I need Invisalign or not?
If you’re unhappy with the alignment of your teeth, Invisalign may be a good option for you. But only an orthodontist or other dental specialist can determine whether you’re a good candidate for Invisalign in Singapore.
During a consultation, your doctor will examine your teeth and take X-rays and/or dental impressions to determine whether Invisalign is right for you. If it is, they will develop a personalized treatment plan — which may include the use of traditional metal braces in addition to Invisalign aligners — that will straighten your teeth and improve your smile.
Who should get Invisalign, and who shouldn’t get it?
Invisalign is a good option for people looking for an alternative to traditional braces. It’s also a good choice for people who have mild to moderate misalignments, as well as those with gaps in their teeth.
Invisalign in Singapore may not be the best option for people with severe misalignments or those who need to have their teeth moved very quickly. In these cases, traditional braces may be a better option. Real quick, here are some questions to consider that can help you decide if Invisalign is right for you:
- Are my teeth healthy? To wear Invisalign aligners, your teeth must be free of cavities and other dental problems. It would also be best if you had good oral hygiene habits.
- Do I have gum disease? If you have gum disease, it’s important to get treatment before beginning Invisalign treatment. This is because gum disease can cause the aligners to fit poorly and be less effective.
- Am I willing to wear my aligners for at least 22 hours a day? To see results, you need to wear your aligners for at least 22 hours a day. This means that you’ll need to take them out when eating and brushing your teeth.
- Am I willing to clean my aligners regularly? You’ll need to clean your aligners every day with a soft-bristled toothbrush and mild soap. You’ll also need to clean them with a special Invisalign cleaning kit at least once a week.
- Am I willing to take care of my teeth? To see results, you need to take care of your teeth and gums. This means brushing twice a day, flossing once a day, and visiting your dentist regularly.
What are the benefits of getting Invisalign over traditional braces?
As mentioned above, Invisalign aligners are virtually invisible, so people won’t be able to tell that you’re wearing them. This is one of the main benefits of Invisalign in Singapore over traditional braces. Today, most people prefer Invisalign over traditional braces because;
- They’re more aesthetically pleasing: Invisalign is a popular alternative to traditional braces for people who want to perfect their smiles without drawing attention to their teeth. Unlike braces, Invisalign uses a series of clear, discreet aligners to gradually straighten teeth. In addition, Invisalign is more comfortable than braces and can be removed for eating and cleaning. Perhaps the only notable downside is that Invisalign is more expensive than braces and may not be covered by insurance. Ultimately, the decision between Invisalign and braces depends on your budget, dental needs, and personal preferences.
- They don’t require as much maintenance as traditional braces: Traditional braces are made of metal brackets glued or cemented to your teeth. You will have to see your orthodontist every few weeks to have them adjusted. Invisalign on the other hand uses clear, aligners that are not only virtually invisible but also easily removable. You will need to see your orthodontist about every six weeks to pick up your new set of aligners. You will also need to brush and floss your teeth thoroughly every day and clean your aligners regularly. Invisalign also does not require as much maintenance as traditional braces because you can remove them for eating and brushing. This makes it easier to keep your teeth and gums healthy during treatment.
- They’re faster than traditional braces: Traditional braces can take up to two years or more to achieve desired results, whereas Invisalign can technically be done in as little as six months. This is because each Invisalign aligner is designed to move your teeth a specific amount and you typically switch out your clear aligners every two weeks. With traditional braces, your orthodontist has to physically adjust the wires and brackets every few weeks to gradually shift your teeth into place. This process takes time and can often be uncomfortable. In contrast, Invisalign uses a series of clear, customized aligners that are made specifically for your teeth. They shift your teeth gently into place over time.
How Long Will My Treatment Last, and What Are the Side Effects/Risks Associated With It?
The length of your Invisalign treatment will depend on the severity of your dental problems. Most people will need to wear their aligners for about 12 months, but some may need to wear them for a shorter or longer period of time.
Side effects are typically mild and may include soreness, redness, and tenderness of the gums. There is also a risk of developing cavities if the aligners are not cleaned properly.
Invisalign is generally safe and effective, but as with any medical procedure, there are some risks involved. It is important to discuss these risks with your dentist or orthodontist before beginning treatment.
Even though Invisalign is a preferable option for teeth alignment, it’s important to consult with an orthodontist to see if you’re a good candidate for this treatment. There are certain bite issues that Invisalign cannot correct, so your orthodontist will be able to advise you on whether or not this is the right treatment option for you.
At Dental Designs, we offer a complimentary consultation appointment so that you can learn more about Invisalign and whether or not it’s the right treatment for you. Contact us today to schedule your appointment! Call: 62218284.
Dental Designs Clinic (Telok Ayer) – Invisalign, Whitening, Dental Crowns
120 Telok Ayer St, Singapore 068589
+65 6221 8284
Comments are closed.